Programmable thermostats have come a long way in the past few years. Today's "smart" thermostats can provide you with more automatic services, more options and features than ever before. What's more, they're easier to use and program. Because of this new technology, you'll have more precise control than ever and all aspects of your Hampton Roads-area home environment can be constantly monitored.
Energy is used even more wisely by newer systems, so all this convenience won't cost you more on your energy bill. Prioritize the advanced features most important to you and contact your local home comfort professional for the latest product information. Here are some of the smart options available on many new programmable thermostats:
- Powerful yet simple-to-use digital touchscreen programming displays.
- Tabs make programming easier to accomplish and more intuitive, prompting you to enter your schedule and preferred temps for each day of the week and different times of day from one main page.
- Displays provide more detailed information, such as indoor humidity level and/or outdoor temperature.
- Set it and forget it -- save energy by setting back your thermostat while away from home or sleeping.
- Programmable fan control allows you fine tune the fan to run constantly or provide periodic air circulation at certain times or certain temperature trigger points.
- Humidity control for whole-house systems, monitors and adjusts your home's humidity level according to previously programmed set-point preferences.
- Remote programmability and override of heating and air conditioning schedule and temperatures.
- Large, easy-on-the-eyes touchscreen with contrasting characters and background.
- Alerts or reminders displayed on the screen for tasks like maintenance service and filter changes.
- Shares information with other networked home comfort equipment and appliances.
- Switches intelligently and automatically between heating, cooling, humidification/dehumidification, according to indoor set-points and outside weather conditions.
- System components exchange information to optimize performance.
- Excellent warranty coverage on quality parts.
Questions about smart thermostats? Talk to the HVAC experts at Russell's Heating & Cooling. We're happy to advise you and explain your options. We proudly provide installation, repair and maintenance services to residents throughout southeast Virginia. Visit our website for details or give us a call.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about smart thermostats and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Russell’s Heating & Cooling services the Chesapeake, Virginia and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!